In my hometown, I'm a budding entrepreneur with a cab business that I'd want to develop to meet current market demands. It would be more expensive to create a mobile app for both iOS and Android. As a result, I resorted to Android to build my own taxi booking application. Is there anyone who can help me come up with a nice idea for it? Should I rely on ready-made mobile apps on the market?

I'm simply looking for the most basic essential features right now, with the goal of eventually updating my app solution to include additional critical functions and a more appealing user experience.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you referring to an Uber or Lyft clone that only dispatches from your local cab company?

If so, what would the benefits of someone using the app over Uber, for example?

It’s not always the case that “if you build it, they will come.” Sometimes, it makes more sense to just go where the people already are.

Wouldn’t it be more profitable for your cab company to simply operate under Uber?

If I sell homemade jam, for example, it’s more effective for me to get my jam onto the shelves of the most popular supermarkets, where people are already shopping, than to build my own market to sell my jam, convince people to start shopping in it, and only sell my own food in it. It’s an uphill battle to convince people to now go to two stores: one for just my jam, and another for everything else they need.

People use Uber because it works anywhere, in any city, and at any time. What would be the advantage to downloading and installing your app just to use when they happen to need a ride in your city?

Hey Nicholas,

I understand from your thread that you own a cab company and need to develop mobile applications for your firm. You're also aware of the ready-to-use apps available in the market.

You can't build an app from the ground up because of financial constraints. However, your needs are fairly simple. Only if you know your budget can I make recommendations. In today's app development sector, you can get a lot of functionality incorporated into your app for a modest budget, say 3000 dollars. Depending on the firm you choose, it can cost up to 6000 dollars.

My advice is to keep in mind that you are only looking for basic criteria in the app. You make the best pitch for your budget with the most features; this is a win-win situation for both your budget and your company. This is entirely dependent on your ability to negotiate with the corporation.

Hey Jammyshan,

Thanks for the explanations, my budget is around 2500 dollars. I guess you might have some experience in mobile app development. can you suggest the best app developers in the market according to my demands? If yes please let me know ASAP.

commented: that gets you about 25 hours for a single qualified person. That's nowhere near enough to develop a professional quality app, even a pretty basic one +16

If you still want to hire an outside firm to develop this app for you, despite my strong hesitations, I would check out Upwork or Toptal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.