hi friends iam working with c graphics i need to convert color images to grey scale using c graphics. If any algorithm available to help me please post.. waiting for replies.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

That's not really enough information for us to help you.

C++ (and C) don't do graphics. What libraries are you using? What do you mean by "image"? Stuff on disk? Something in memory?

ImageMagick is a good library solution if you don't already have something else going.

That's not really enough information for us to help you.

C++ (and C) don't do graphics. What libraries are you using? What do you mean by "image"? Stuff on disk? Something in memory?

ImageMagick is a good library solution if you don't already have something else going.

Sorry its my mistake i was not clear to you.. iam creating a paint application (like ms paint) using c program... using the graphics in c... i want to include a new option i.e color to grey scale any image in dos prompt has to be converted to greyscale.. can any one help..

You have only re-stated your original premise:
1. you are using C to write a graphics program
2. you want to convert an image from color to greyscale

My answer is:
1. C doesn't do graphics. Either you are using some sort of graphics library or you are writing your own. What graphics library are you using?

2. The best way to convert an image to greyscale depends entirely on (1).

3. Tell me also if your program is for Windows, or Linux, or cross-platform, or what.

Please answer my two questions and I will then be able to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.