hello!
i read some articles about a 2-3-4 top-down search tree on the web, but when i tried to go deep into the problem i realise that most of the information aren't detailed. On this forum i can't find anything. Does anyone know something about this algorithm???? Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The real question would be how you've implemented it.

Post your code, and don't forget to read the various announcements on making code look really neat and tidy.

>i read some articles about a 2-3-4 top-down search tree on the
>web, but when i tried to go deep into the problem i realise that
>most of the information aren't detailed.
Most descriptions of 2-3-4 trees aren't detailed because most of the time it's more practical to simply use a B-tree and not be restricted to 2-3-4 nodes or simulate the behavior with a red black binary search tree.

i didn't start to develop the program yet and i understood how does it works....generaly. But i expected from u more details about this type of implementation, about balanced trees in general....i don't know..all advises are good forms of learning. Thank s!

So learn some more by trying to implement it yourself then, to find out if you really understand it as opposed to the "um, yeah well..." kind of understanding that most people seem to claim.

Even if you fail to implement it, you'll still learn a lot. "Point, click, success" doesn't teach you a damn thing.

i thought so also. now i'm a little busy but i will start to develop a source code and when it will come some problem i will ask for help. thanks a lot for your time and if someone wants to
discuss about that or has any ideea i will be waiting. Thank you again and have a nice day!

commented: A good approach. +12
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.