Hello,

I've downloaded the setup of Netbeans-6 IDE JavaSE for Windows from Sun's website. When I run the setup, it says, "Error starting program: A required .DLL file, USERENV.DLL, was not found". Has anyone faced this problem before? Please guide me.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I have only netbeans 5.5.1, installing latest release from them is usually risky.

Google the DLL name and you'll find a link to download it. It appears to be a Microsoft library for managing user profiles or something.

installing latest release from them is usually risky.

Why?

Google the DLL name and you'll find a link to download it. It appears to be a Microsoft library for managing user profiles or something.

I've done that. Where do I place that file?

Either in Windows\System32 or you could try putting it in the same folder as the setup file.

I placed it in C:\Windows\System32. It says, 'The file C:\Windows\System32\USERENV.DLL is corrupt. Reinstall the file, and try again.' When I press OK, another dialog box appears that says, 'Windows cannot run this program because it is in an invalid format.' I tried reinstalling, but that doesn't work. When I placed it in the same folder as the setup file, the same error messages are displayed.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I used to use netbeans, but now I use eclipse.

i already installed java when iam trying to install netbeans ide jdk not found error coming

i already installed java when iam trying to install netbeans ide jdk not found error coming

What version of java did you install? Did you set the PATH fro it? What version of NetBeans you trying to install and which package?

You know that "Java" (The jave JRE) which you use to run programs etc... is not the same as the Java developer kit (JDK), right?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.