Hey - does anyone know how to create a .exe file with Visual C++ express? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yes, I know how to do it. Read this. to get started.

Yes, I know how to do it. Read this. to get started.

Um, alright - that wasn't exactly what i was looking for but it was definitely more helpful than what I was looking for. I installed the DirectX SDK and DarkGDK, but when I tried to make a new project my OS crashed because of some problem with a driver. This is what the Microsoft error page told me:

Technical Information
How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
More information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take
Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Was this just a random problem, or did it occur because of the GDK or Visual C++?

>>Um, alright - that wasn't exactly what i was looking for
Then you need to be more specific about what you want. I can't read your mind.

I never used DirectX or DarkX SDKs, so can't help you. What version of VC++ are you using and what version of Windows ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.