I'm trying to make a somewhat simple PHP ide for personal use, I'm not too skilled in VB.NET and would like to learn some things about controls I am unfamiliar with, including the treeview control.

Docked to the left of the form is a treeview control, where I hope to have the computer mapped so that a user may easily open a new file when he double clicks an item on the treeview. How might I do so?

I'll pay $1.00 via paypal to the best answer. If you don't have paypal, then I'll pay it to your charity of choice.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i'm sorry friend but "We only give homework help to those who show effort"
its not arrogant or proud with my self,every body who participated in this forum learning with the effort.
thx...
all for the best.

commented: uhhh..so scared :P +4

This isn't homework. I'm a hobbyist programmer, nothing more (I haven't ever taken any courses or jobs.)

As to the second poster, that example is in vb6, not vb.net, if nobody else posts I'll live up to my word but that's not really what I'm looking for. For some reason, they (Microsoft) made it harder to map hard drives in vb.net, it used to be easier in vb6.

This isn't homework. I'm a hobbyist programmer, nothing more (I haven't ever taken any courses or jobs.)

For some reason, they (Microsoft) made it harder to map hard drives in vb.net, it used to be easier in vb6.

rules is still rules. homework means many (your truly homework school or your office homework or what you want to coded ). you said that you are a hobbyist programmer, so its a challenge for you to convert from vb 6 to vb.net . you must try before and show the effort so every people in this forum will help you. you have the vb 6 code to mapping, try to convert that.
This forum is meant for discussing programming languages in addition to exchanging code and algorithms.
Ok. i stopped my post in this thread right now, if you still disagree with me and the rules, its up to you.
Have a nice coding.
All for the best.:)

commented: a Beat one +1
commented: great argue +1
commented: :) +13

This site is bogus...

I managed to write it myself =p, useful posts would have saved me 5 days though.

>This site is bogus...
It would be if we ever claimed to be a homework service. We never made that claim, so calling us bogus because you failed to read our rules is kind of stupid.

commented: Good take +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.