Hi there
I'm currently using delphi 7 and I need to query a database and based on the database results I need to create a PDF file and email it through using delphi code but the problem is that I want to create the file(PDF) programmatically. How can I do that? is it possible? if not which component can I use?
Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello my frind

I think that You need to install a PDF virtual printer and then you can send the result of reports to that printer. it will make a PDF file Automaticaly. if you wand to use that you can use this link http://www.pdf995.com/download.html

Hold on. You'll need to make sure you have the right to distribute that program with your application.

I'm pretty sure there are some Delphi PDF components out there. In addition to fayyaz's link, there's also Primo PDF, which is pretty nice.

In all cases, however, I think you need to pay some money to get distribution rights...

Hold on. You'll need to make sure you have the right to distribute that program with your application.

I'm pretty sure there are some Delphi PDF components out there. In addition to fayyaz's link, there's also Primo PDF, which is pretty nice.

In all cases, however, I think you need to pay some money to get distribution rights...

Thanks for the help, but my problem here is that I tried to use the Primo PDF printer but what I was doing was that I was firstly creating the word document file and send it to the printer for convertion, that was working fine except that it was taking too long that's why I want to create a PDF file programmatically. The whole process was taking more than 2 minutes to finish a one page.

Then you can't go through the print spooler at all. You'll need to google "delphi pdf component" or something to find what you need.

I don't know whether or not there is anything free out there, but I do know there are some nice components you can pay for...

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.