Hi,
I am stucked with this error

d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::IRPCCtl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::m_pRpcControlImpl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_crpcControlImpl'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::CRPCCtl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'CRPCCtl'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2864: 'm_crpcControlImpl' : only const static integral data members can be initialized inside a class or struct
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::m_crpcControlImpl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

How i can get out of this..?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you'll have to post the code surrounding that error. Could be a missing header file, or any of another 1,000 reasons.

how we can create an object pointer of _interface in C++? probably this can sort out the issue.? All these error are coming when i am trying to create an object pointer of an interface defined in the .h file.

do you mean something like this:

class A
{
   // stuff here
};

A* ptrA = new A;

Yes in the same way.
If not how we can use the function of the interface ? is there any way.?

why can't you create the pointer? what error(s) do you get? And no, you can not use the class methods (unless they are static methods) if you can't create the object.

Hi,
I am stucked with this error

d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::IRPCCtl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(126) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::m_pRpcControlImpl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_crpcControlImpl'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::CRPCCtl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'CRPCCtl'
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2864: 'm_crpcControlImpl' : only const static integral data members can be initialized inside a class or struct
d:\Odin_1\ODIN_1\OdinRPCvalidation.h(127) : error C2501: 'CRPCValidation::m_crpcControlImpl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

How i can get out of this..?

Actually this mostly happens even if you are missing a header file. But most likely you are not missing a header, so the reason that will happen is if you mis arrange your #include statements. Since you did not post the code try interchanging your header files.(the header that has 'm_pRpcControlImpl' maybe put it before where you are placing it. If it already there, put it after.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.