Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to make VB forms an application as an installable something like an application.
Thanks,
Priya

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

so u want to distribute the application...
you can use "Package and deployment wizard" on your vb tools. follow the wizard.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to make VB forms an application as an installable something like an application.
Thanks,
Priya

check out this thread :-
How to create setups

scroll down and goto reply #8

hope u'll get ur answer

regards
shouvik

You can use MS Visual Studio > MS Visual Studio Tool > Package & Development Wizard to create a installation package of the VB proj.

Hi,
Thanks,
Priya

Or otherwise,use another software like Installshield to do this stuff.

Hi all,
I use VB5.0 then how can I have the visual studio?
Please help me out.
Thanks,
Priya

well i have only worked with vs 6.0
is there any package and deployment tool available with vb5.0?
if its then u can proceed with it. just follow my previous reply to this thread.
otherwise u can download and install any third party installer from the net. there is one that i can tell is Setup Factory. this installer package has inbuilt support for vb applications both for vb5 and 6. so make a search in google with "setup factory" and try it.

let me know if this helps

regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.