how to pass input to an java program through keyboard. If java programe is compiled at editplus.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

by doing your own homework and not thinking that by sleeping in class, not reading your books, and asking others to do your assignments for you you can learn something.

Any book on Java, any tutorial that covers command line programs (which will be most of all beginners' tutorials), any teacher in his classroom, will cover that.

The System class has all you need.

respected sir/madam
sorry to say that am not asking for any homework.
am an employ working in non it sector. and am trying to lear some thing wich is possible from my side.
i learend java.
am not asking about how to pass argument.
am asking how work that at editplus.
since i know only how to compile and run java at editplus but i don't no how to send values to the java program through keyboard.

ples........ if possible help me to learn.
thx for replaying

respected sir/madam
sorry to say that am not asking for any homework.
am an employ working in non it sector. and am trying to lear some thing wich is possible from my side.
i learend java.
am not asking about how to pass argument.
am asking how work that at editplus.
since i know only how to compile and run java at editplus but i don't no how to send values to the java program through keyboard.

ples........ if possible help me to learn.
thx for replaying

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish, can you elaborate alittle more on passing values through keyboard?

I assume you are asking how to read user inputs at run time???

yes, that's what it wants.
And it can get that information from any tutorial or introductory text, but it is apparently too lazy to do its own research and wants us to do it for it.

If you are still looking for any help, I will suggest you to read following tutorial or simply google to get better tutorials: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/index.html
I don't use editplus so I can't tell you how exactly you can run it in editplus. But I suppose it should have a Run command. good luck!

you can do this by unselecting the "save capture output" option in the "configure user tools option" for the "run java(java.exe)" command in editplus, this will open a normal CLI window when you execute the command and you can pass the CLI inputs in that window , however the output will not be displayed in the output pane of the editor , instead it will appear in the CLI window.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.