Dear all,

Just got one more question. I tested in my java JMF program just now. I found that AVI and MOV format are supported by JMF. Whereas the WMA format is not supported at all.

May I ask why it is so? Or is there anyother way to support WMA and other unsupported formats?

BTW, I found that the quality of using MOV is very bad. AVI is a bit worse than using MS media player. is there any method to improve the quality?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What do you mean by quality? Quality can be a very subjective measure. Or do you mean most bang for your buck quality == most frames per second and large resolution per megabyte of compressed data?

WMA is a Microsoft's format. It is not particularly great. If you wanted a wide variety of video formats, take a look at FOBS for JMF http://fobs.sourceforge.net/. It uses FFMpeg which supports a plethora of formats, audio and video: http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/ffmpeg-doc.html#SEC17 --- too many formats for me to list here. I personally prefer MPEG4/DivX for my videos.

Or do you really mean that you are doing video capture? I've been meaning to post my JMF Video capture code for a while now.... if you are interested.

Ed

Dear all,

Just got one more question. I tested in my java JMF program just now. I found that AVI and MOV format are supported by JMF. Whereas the WMA format is not supported at all.

May I ask why it is so? Or is there anyother way to support WMA and other unsupported formats?

BTW, I found that the quality of using MOV is very bad. AVI is a bit worse than using MS media player. is there any method to improve the quality?

Thanks.

Dear all,

Thanks.

hai I developed a player in JMF but i failed to run avi and MOV formats in the JMF player. U said that for u those formats are supporting. will u please help me how to make my player to support them

I also find the same question as u,if somebody can help us;
thank you;

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.