Right click on your solution, select add new project. Expand other project types from the pop up window. Click Setup and Deployment tab, click Setup project, click ok after naming the project. It will start with opening file system window. Right click on application folder and select add > project output, select primary output from the opening window. Click on User's Desktop folder and right click on the right hand-side pane. Select Create New Shortcut double click on application folder from the opening window, select primary output and click ok. This will create a shortcut on user's desktop. Right click to ShortCut and rename it appropriately. If you want to create a shortcut for the user's programs menu, just repeat the tasks you do for creating the Shortcut for user's Desktop. Build the Setup project and you are done. If you build it in release mode, the setup.exe will be located in setup project's release folder, if you build it in the debug mode the setup.exe will be located in setup project's debug folder. Lastly, if you want to install the .net framework to user's computer you have three options. Right click on the setup project and choose prerequisities from the opening window. If you want to install the .net framework from within your setup project, select download prerequisities from the same location as my application. By default, the setup will try to download the .net framework from the internet if it is not already installed in the computer. Don't forget to rebuild the setup project after choosing this option.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello, Serkan that's good material for solution deployment but we usually use threads to ask and answer you can create a blog and put your valuable information in so we can make use of!!!

Million thanks for your contribution :)

Yeah i created a blog in daniweb but they ask me to carry all the entries to forums since they were going to delete my blog(it cant contain code snippets like mine). I am going to hire hosting for my next blog

Yeah i created a blog in daniweb but they ask me to carry all the entries to forums since they were going to delete my blog(it cant contain code snippets like mine). I am going to hire hosting for my next blog

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I've a blog on daniweb http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/blog100382.html and I wrote some article there!! they didn't delete it!!

Editorial led IT articles are OK, but code hints and tips belong in the appropriate forum, or can even be written up as tutorials

We are working our way through the blogs and notifying anyone with entries which are not IT news, reviews or editorial that they will need to be moved or will be deleted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.