how do I Write a function call WelcomeMsg which displays the message "Welcome back! I wish you have a great Spring Break". Then write a calling statement for it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What have you tried? This is an extremely simple task, so you'll be expected to at least make an attempt. After that, I'll be happy to explain to you the workings of functions and how that relates to C++ syntax. But until then, I'll assume you're too lazy to crack your C++ book and see how one of those examples does it.

I always make attempts check my resume son, I will work something an put it down for you

>I always make attempts check my resume son
There's no need to get snippy, slick. You asked how to do a trivial task without proving that you've attempted it. You have nearly 100 posts, so you'll get no sympathy from me. Also, I can't check your resume as you haven't posted it anywhere that I'm aware of. Finally, I don't really care what your resume says, as I know all I need to from your behavior so far.

>I will work something an put it down for you
You do that. I'll wait.

well your custom title tells me everything I need to know about you

int WelcomeMsg = "Welcome back! I wish you have a great Spring Break".

cout << WelcomeMsg << endl;

>well your custom title tells me everything I need to know about you
Good for you.

int WelcomeMsg = "Welcome back! I wish you have a great Spring Break".

Close:

const char *WelcomeMsg = "Welcome back! I wish you have a great Spring Break";

What have you done to wrap this in a function? I mean, you've got the whole of the function body above, so it's now just a matter of defining the function and calling it. You should know how to define a function if you've written any C++ code before, because main is a function. Calling a function with no arguments is as simple as:

WelcomeMsg();
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.