hi,

is it possible to make any control (like button/textfield) transparant, just like the "alpha" method in flash?

tnx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yes, if you are using visual studio you can select the control, view properties and under the 'colour' property (I think its called that - don't have VS in front of me) choose Alpha - I believe it is under the 'web' tab. Hope this helps!

Yes, if you are using visual studio you can select the control, view properties and under the 'colour' property (I think its called that - don't have VS in front of me) choose Alpha - I believe it is under the 'web' tab. Hope this helps!

Tnx, but that's not what I exactly needed,
is it possible to make full controls semi-transparent, lik you give an transparency percentage... with the ultimate goal to animate a control fading away :)

tnx

What the original poster needs is WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) that is built into .NET 3.0.

Setting transparency of a control is as simple and easy as Opacity = 0.6 or something similar.

Of course, I could understand if you dont want to learn WPF for such a simple problem, except I don't have anything up my sleeve.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.