Hey,
I was just wondering if i could write my C++ code on notepad and run it etc?
I am asking this because atm i'm at a community centre and on a computer, but not allowed to download anything, so can i?

reply asap please

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

you can write your program with notepad but you can't compile it because notepad is not a compiler. If your school computers don't have a compiler then ask one of the teachers if they will download it for you.

Sure you can write your C++ code using notepad, it's a text editor after all.
But you need to have a compiler/linker to turn the code into a program which you can then run.

Ok, thank you, we're not allowed to download anything lol so ahh well thanks anyways

Ok, thank you, we're not allowed to download anything lol so ahh well thanks anyways

Is it at a school? cause at my school we arent supposed to download anything but we do anyways

Is it at a school? cause at my school we arent supposed to download anything but we do anyways

Even though the thread had been solved it's at a community centre and you can't download things, and at school you can't download anything at all, you only have a couple of programs and controlled internet

ya srry >< after i posted i saw it was solved >< but like its the same thing at my school but we find ways to download stuff

Next time, you could also bring some command-line compiler on USB key, provided you are allowed to transfer data using USB key (Most places do allow this, even though they don`t allow you to install anything). You wouldn`t have to download or install anything, just run the compiler from USB key ;-)

Why don't you ask your school's principal or some other teacher what you want to do and why. Does your school have any computer programming classes ? Yes, then maybe you can use one of their computers to do your work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.