If a person composes a short program and hit's F5 or "run" the output will fit on the viewers screen.

I have composed a long program for homework purposes, and once I hit F5 or "run" I do not see the WHOLE program output. Only the bottom half. By hitting ANY button at that point, QBASIC redirects you back to the editing screen. In this case - How do I scroll though my screens output?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could 'pipe' the output to a text file: yourprogram.exe > output.txt Now all the output you had, will be in the txt-file

You could 'pipe' the output to a text file: yourprogram.exe > output.txt Now all the output you had, will be in the txt-file

But there should be a way to view it without leaving the program interface... right?

Yeah. Do it like in chunks. That would be the easy way out.

PRINT "As many lines as fits minus 2"
INPUT "Press Enter To Continue"
PRINT "More lines"

I don't think that will work as you think. Its a little complicated, but since you seem to know Basic, do you mind I f I send you the program? Then you could show me where you think I would insert that language, as I show you why it might not work... yes/No?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.