I have a Form witch scrollbars that is called Form2.
Is there any way to programatically go to the top of the Form without having to scrollup with the mouse ?
So if you have scrolled down to the end of the form. Is it possible to press a button that consist code that will go to the top of the Form2 ?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Yep.

You can set the form's ClientOrigin property (which is a tPoint)

or

You can set the position property of the form's HorzScrollBar and/or VertScrollBar.

Have fun!

I am trying to use this code to programatically scroll the Form2 to the top but this does not work. I think I missing something ?

Form2::VerticalScroll->Maximum;

Yep.

You can set the form's ClientOrigin property (which is a tPoint)

or

You can set the position property of the form's HorzScrollBar and/or VertScrollBar.

Have fun!

I think I missing something ?

Yes, you are missing all the words I put in bold in my first response.

I am not sure if I understand.
If I write Form2::VerticalScroll I cant find ClientOrigin or position as members.

I can´t find position or ClientOrigin as member to Form2:: either, so I think I am a bit stuck. :icon_neutral:

Yes, you are missing all the words I put in bold in my first response.

> I am not sure if I understand.
Ed was afraid that might happen. Duoas isn't describing Windows Forms, so his suggestions won't work for you. The code you want is Form2::VerticalScroll->Value = 0; , but if Ed remembers correctly, that won't work as well as you probably want with the autoscrolling properties of a form.

Ed is close. Jennifer is using C++Builder.

You can set Form2::[B]VertScrollBar[/B]->[B]Position[/B] = 0; My apologies on ClientOrigin. I just looked it up and it is a read-only property. Alas.

Keep in mind my capitalization might be a little off.

I admire your tenacity and efforts, but either your documentation really stinks or you still need to work on searching it. (I just got BDS 2006 and it's documentation really stinks.)

Hope this helps.

No problem. I am using this code now and it seems to work fine for this purpose.
Thank you...

Form2::VerticalScroll->Value = 0;

Ed is close. Jennifer is using C++Builder.

You can set Form2::[B]VertScrollBar[/B]->[B]Position[/B] = 0; My apologies on ClientOrigin. I just looked it up and it is a read-only property. Alas.

Keep in mind my capitalization might be a little off.

I admire your tenacity and efforts, but either your documentation really stinks or you still need to work on searching it. (I just got BDS 2006 and it's documentation really stinks.)

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.