HI guys. Jeezz, perl forum is kind of abandoned ;/ Anyway, maybe some one will have an idea.
I want to write a selfkilling perl prog :D Ok, i got a simple prog which shows up a simple tk window with some text in it, to go to the next function (in my app), i have to close window manualy. Is it posible to make that window disappear, lets say, after 10 seconds, without my interference? The same is about perl scripts which runs an xterm and after some function you always have to close that window to go forward. Or, is there a way to run perl script without shell environment (i'm not talking about daemons here)?

... perl forum is kind of abandoned ;/

Its not true.

I want to write a selfkilling perl prog :D Ok, i got a simple prog which shows up a simple tk window with some text in it, to go to the next function (in my app), i have to close window manualy. Is it posible to make that window disappear, lets say, after 10 seconds, without my interference? ...

If you want to come out of execution for some reason, you can use exit(0) function in the program, which is a premature exit...

It is just a guess... there should be <childwindow>.destroy() function to destroy top level window or child window.

The same is about perl scripts which runs an xterm and after some function you always have to close that window to go forward. Or, is there a way to run perl script without shell environment (i'm not talking about daemons here)?

I dont understand this.

katharnakh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.