Hi i am new. i hope someone could please help me. i was having trouble with my java so i removed it from my computer and went to the net to try and reinstall it. no luck. all i get is (nsis error) file corrupt, 1335 error, internal error. i have tryed online download,manual and also offline with the same problem every time. i tryed to do a system restore last night and it would just stay on updating registry. i called acer this morning and they helped me get my computer out of it with no problem. but i need java and i don't know where else to turn. i did what the said on the java help for there site and nothing would work. i really do not want to do a whole system recovery because of the things i have on my computer. also because the system restore didn't work, i really don't want to try it again and lose everything on the computer. if someone could ___please help me...many thanks hope 2 hear from u soon!:) I HAVE A VISTA COMPUTER FROM ACER.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Install some cleaning software like CCleaner and clean the machine from left overs of unsucesful instalations. Then get of-line download of Java and try it again. If this doesn't work let us know

PS: Get extended waranty on Acer,I have bad experience with them...

Hi and thank you for your reply. i will do that. hope it works thanks again!

HI AGAIN. I DID DOWNLOAD THE CCCLEANER. I DID THE CLEANER AND THE REGISTRY SWEEP. THEN I TRYED TO INSTALL JAVA AGAIN AT WWW.JAVA.COM. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO WORK BECAUSE IT GOT ALITTLE FARTHER FOR COPYING NEW FILES. IT STOPPED THOUGH AND SAID ERROR 1335 CABINET FILE MS18F68 TEMP REQUIRED FOR INSTALL IS CORRUPT. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME THANKS:)

Why are you shouting? huh?

hi i'm sorry i'm not very good with computers. i was not shouting i was just trying to get some help!

Posting in all caps is shouting.

never had a problem installing JVMs on Vista, but you do need to know which ones are compatible (and that means modern ones only, not the ancient stuff that ships with a lot of old books).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.