Hi there.

I'm now to this forum hoping to get an answer that I feel shouldn't be too complicated but, with that said, I haven't been able to find a solution to this after doing some research for a few hours today.

What I am looking to do is take some python code I wrote which runs a small game and embed it into a html webpage. I was wondering if there was an easy method to accomplish this or really at this point, any working method would be helpful.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You mean like a Java applet? I'm not sure, but I think if you want to do that you need to learn, well, Java.

It's no small task and Java is specifically designed for the job (among other things) due to its common-place virtual machine and such.

I do know Java, but this program was to be specifically written in Python for its main application so it's already written and completed in Python, and I don't really have the time to rewrite it in Java.

That's why I was curious as to whether there was a way to do this with Python or not.

Thanks for the help though.

Google have this thing called the Google App Engine.

Google App Engine lets you run your web applications on Google's infrastructure.
Google App Engine applications are implemented using the Python programming language. The runtime environment includes the full Python language and most of the Python standard library.

Link: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/whatisgoogleappengine.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.