I have developed a package using Access as database and serial port programming.
After converting into a package form, i want user to add record in a database (in office Xp then convert into Access 97 and connect with the same form. Also i can able to add sub menu in the menu editor and write relevant command in the submenu and execute in the same package.
can anybody help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

in office Xp then convert into Access 97

Why do you need that? Why not work in the same version you want to run it on?

Also i can able to add sub menu in the menu editor and write relevant command in the submenu and execute in the same package.
can anybody help me?

Have you done that, or you're planning to do so?

VB 6.0 support only access97. i am using office XP.hence need to convert.
I am planning to include the upgradation facilities for the user. After making a package, i can able to give facilities to add a menu, button and also command to the buttons. can this happen. Also i need to incorporate search facilities fornthe package, can i use google desktop search?

VB 6.0 support only access97

On my XP, it supported Access 2003.

After making a package, i can able to give facilities to add a menu, button and also command to the buttons

This means that you want the user to add his own functionalities and add them in the menus. Is it? Do you want the user to write the code for the new features? How will he do it? Do you plan to give your source code to the user? I don't understand.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.