I've just taken over an old project that my boss would like me to incorporate a couple of session variables into the code in order to maintain data history on a few pages. The project itself is web page that consists of a frame design and on one frame is the Google map. What is going on is that today the way the application works is that when a user click on a location on the map, the lat and lon is captured and balloon is placed in that location to denote the selection along with any information typed by that user. Now, when the same user select or navigate to a different tab/frame from the same site and returned to the location-map frame, the selected location and information is gone (because the page reload and does not maintain history).

What I would like to do is to create a session variable (of array type) and load the user's selections as well as any info type by that user into the variable [] and read it back out when ever the user returns to the location map.

My problem here is that I have never user the session object before so I don't know where to start. second, I don't how to read session value/key back into an application needless to say incorporating the method with a javascript.

What I have so far is a login page that captures an account information when the user logged in and I don't have anything else.

If anyone of you have some experience with ASP.NET session object, I would appreciate all the help that I can get.

Thanks in advance,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.