OKay, this is in response to the same issues I've been dealing with in another thread.

In that one, someone gave me the documentation to the the POSIX calls, but they were vague and weren't too descriptive.

I don't know what exactly each one of the calls do. I only know the general arguments. I assume that they all create new processes, with each variant being simply another means to take in different arguments.
However, in using one of them - execv - I found a warning was thrown from compiler. The code it didn't like was the line where I have a structure which looks similar to the type of argsv but my compiler didn't think so.

I didn't want to include the entire argv line but only including two members from that set. Does anyone know of an example of such that they can show me? And, can some one direct me to a website that will explain exec in better detail? I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest, here. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank-you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.