hi everyone i have been using ict for about 6 years now and want to learncomputing e.g programming and was wondering where to start becaause people post codes and i have no idea what they are on with and was wondering if there is any good sites where u can learn these codes an what programs u need 2 start making ur very own programms then vbecoming a great programmer lol

can anyone help me please

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Probably the best thing to do is to either take a course or buy a book for beginners at a bookstore. Or go to the campus book store and buy the book they use for their intro-to-programming classes.

Good Luck!

Wow. Do you even know what punctuation is? For that matter, what about capital letters, proper spelling, and understandable grammar?

>can anyone help me please
My first reaction was: "No, you're beyond help." However, because everyone here seems to think that I'm around for the sole purpose of insulting others, I'll offer a few suggestions.

The first thing you need to do is pick a language to begin with. I'll assume you want to learn either C or C++--though you neglected to mention which of these you're interested in--because you posted in the C/C++ forum. Once you know what language you want to learn, find a compiler for that language. For both C and C++, Bloodshed's Dev-C++ is a high quality development environment that also happens to be free and easy to install.

After acquiring and installing a compiler, you will want to get a reference for the language and a beginner's tutorial. The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie is both tutorial and reference; it will serve you well. Accelerated C++ by Koening and Moo is, in my opinion, the best introduction to C++ available.

When you have the required tools: study, practice, and ask questions often. Forums like this one will give you access to experienced programmers who can help you to understand confusing issues or pull you out of a tight spot.

thatnkyou my spelling is awful ill try for that book and that compiler and see how i get on

hi everyone i have been using ict for about 6 years now and want to learncomputing e.g programming and was wondering where to start becaause people post codes and i have no idea what they are on with and was wondering if there is any good sites where u can learn these codes an what programs u need 2 start making ur very own programms then vbecoming a great programmer lol

can anyone help me please

You should use Let us C or C for dummies. good luck

okay thankyou i will try that later, this is a real big help for me and the reason imake mistakes in spelling and punctuation is because i type to quick and i am always talking in chat language to my friends

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.