Hey,

I have been trying to learn C++ for a few months know but I'm still not 100%. I've got a good book and all that just do get a bit confused. The thing is I want to learn GUI but i'm not sure what to do. Should I go straight onto GUI or stay on basic C++ and learn that until 100%.

Write back. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You'll probably never get C++ 100%. There are very few (if any) people how can claim to know 100%.

~s.o.s.~ started a good thread a while back with practice-problems. Try some of the intermediate or expert programs. If you can easily find a solution for them (without looking on the web every minute) you're probably good enough to start GUI.
But this is only my opinion, others might disagree

I agree

Hey,

I have been trying to learn C++ for a few months know but I'm still not 100%. I've got a good book and all that just do get a bit confused. The thing is I want to learn GUI but i'm not sure what to do. Should I go straight onto GUI or stay on basic C++ and learn that until 100%.

Write back. Thanks.

Maybe get a good book teaching you how to program GUIs and take your time to learn both C++ and GUIs.

>I have been trying to learn C++ for a few months know but I'm still not 100%.
I've been trying to learn C++ for well over a decade. My job requires intimate knowledge of the language, but I'm still not 100%. Don't get frustrated if you find yourself confused, because confusion is pretty much a constant state for programmers.

>Should I go straight onto GUI or stay on basic C++ and learn that until 100%.
You should be comfortable enough with the core language that it won't get in the way when you start to wrestle with the concepts of GUIs. For example, if you're struggling with how functions or classes work then you're extremely likely to get overwhelmed when events and callbacks enter the picture.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.