Hi folks:

I will need to upload my Access DB and my VB exe file to a server..

Will it be ok if I changed the pathname in the connection string to the path of the server where my DB is located now ?

my vb form has to comboboxes that need to get filled when the form loads.. but this does not get loaded atall! the comboboxes are all empty! :( Pleas suggest something.

Thanks
Kavithabhaskar

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
with regard to populating the comboboxes you could use a bound datagridview to add items to a table in your access database. You can then bind your combobox to the table to populate it.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi folks:

I will need to upload my Access DB and my VB exe file to a server..

Will it be ok if I changed the pathname in the connection string to the path of the server where my DB is located now ?

Yes. I'm not sure why you're not getting some type of exception thrown if its unable to reach the DB, perhaps you have coded around this possibility or there is something missing.

Make sure you use a UNC with appropriate permissions for that application only. If you have to setup a share just for the application and adjust the ACL accordingly. \\Server1\Application\ etc. Avoid use of hidden shares, domain admin accounts, etc. Keep in mind best practice is using the least necessary permissions to get the job done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.