Hi all,

I am no-voice programmer, who has done Programming in Java as subject based only. I am doing project which consist of extensive java programming. I need to built prototype model of working electronic voting system using Java with security, usability and privacy issues in concern. I need help to develop prototype(simulation).
bomber

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you understand UML your best bet is to first start off with a Sequence diagram that determines events for what needs to be done. Obviously you'll have to do some research to refine the Sequence diagram to have the functionality that you want at the right time.

Of course you'll have to add and remove objects as you do and implement conditions.

The easiest second solution is to interface this idea.

Basically construct interfaces that have the tools that you need (such as the display for the project, and the main ideas that you need).

For example, you could make interfaces such as VotingCenter (user interface that allows users to vote), VoteList (stores the votes), Security (most likely has some security-handling mechanism), etc.

I'm guessing you have a close deadline. The best thing to do is create an incredibly dumb and watered down version of the program that LOOKS like it does some of the main things and have someone (your professor, or client) review it and see if that's close to what they want. If they want more they'll just tell you obviously.

Your absolute best bet is to ask someone else who has done a similar project. I'm just giving you some ideas to help you get started. These methods always work for me when starting something from scratch.

If you understand UML your best bet is to first start off with a
Sequence diagram that determines events for what needs to be done. Obviously you'll have to do some research to refine the Sequence diagram to have the functionality that you want at the right time.

Of course you'll have to add and remove objects as you do and implement conditions.

The easiest second solution is to interface this idea.

Basically construct interfaces that have the tools that you need (such as the display for the project, and the main ideas that you need).

For example, you could make interfaces such as VotingCenter (user interface that allows users to vote), VoteList (stores the votes), Security (most likely has some security-handling mechanism), etc.

I'm guessing you have a close deadline. The best thing to do is create an incredibly dumb and watered down version of the program that LOOKS like it does some of the main things and have someone (your professor, or client) review it and see if that's close to what they want. If they want more they'll just tell you obviously.

Your absolute best bet is to ask someone else who has done a similar project. I'm just giving you some ideas to help you get started. These methods always work for me when starting something from scratch.

Hello Alex,

Sorry for late reply.. Yes I think building prototype is best suitable with time limit. I only have 5 months to finish my project and I have not started anything yet due to my own business problems.

1. I would like to use my computer screen as reader
2. keyboard for entry and mouse pointer for selection
3. Audio facility of my PC for voters with hearing problem.
4. designing of voting templet, vote counting mechanism, vote storing and result. All will have to do with Java programing including security issues.

As, I am No-voice in java, I need some programing help to finish my project. Award will be given, who will help me through my project.

Bomber

You are welcome to post specific questions as you run into problems, but no one is going to complete this for you.

yah, you're just trying to hide that you're just another homework kiddo that's too lazy to do its own work.

Do you really believe that we're going to get tricked into thinking you're seriously developing an e-voting solution on your own when you don't even have basic programming knowledge?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.