Hi,

I need to know this urgently. My friends like to use my software on their computers, and after they set it up with the setup wizard, when they run the actual program, half of them get an error on their computers saying 'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
is incorrect'. This occurs on my desktop computer with my program and Mozilla Firefox, but not on my laptop at all with anything. Is there any way of fixing this problem, or is there a problem at all with the C++ code? On my friend's computer the same thing happens with Photo Gallery...

It's a major problem with Vista. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I myself have run into problems with side by side configuration, and while I don't fully understand it, it is not an issue with Vista. I've run into the same problem when moving an app from one xp machine to another.

Yeah, 'cause at school they couldn't install powerpoint because of the side-by-side error too :(

I tried everything and none of them worked on my friend's computers. :( Most commonly they said to download Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package, but I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express. Any suggestions?

I tried everything and none of them worked on my friend's computers. :( Most commonly they said to download Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package, but I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express. Any suggestions?

It doesn't matter if you're using Express. I had to do the same thing.

I had this problem many times, its not vista, you have to make sure that the program configuration is set to "Release" instead of "Debug". But I came across so many of these errors when using .NET and got tyred of it, so I stopped using it and have never had any problems since :)

commented: Helped me solve a problem i've been trying to solve for 2 years +1

I had this problem many times, its not vista, you have to make sure that the program configuration is set to "Release" instead of "Debug". But I came across so many of these errors when using .NET and got tyred of it, so I stopped using it and have never had any problems since :)

Wow, william, and I've been having the problem for 2 years now :D. I seriously owe you one, and thanks to all you other guys who've helped out too. I've added to your guys' reputation.

Thanks again.

maybe if you staticly link ALL you use libraries? maybe? :P
I once did, and had no probs with deploying, now i use the real visual c++ :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.