for my new job, i have to learn coding for the chips. i know c, but i don't have any idea about how to coding for chip. anyone can give me some hit where is good place to get start.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

for my new job, i have to learn coding for the chips. i know c, but i don't have any idea about how to coding for chip. anyone can give me some hit where is good place to get start.

What kind of chip? Are you talking about microcontrollers? I use PIC microcontrollers, but there are a whole bunch of chip types and manufacturers and a whole bunch of C compilers. I would go to the manufacturer's web site and see if they list compilers that work with the chip you are interested in. For PIC microcontrollers, google searches of "PIC C compiler" and "PIC C book" gave a lot of good hits.

> for my new job
So does your new employer know this, and would presumably offer some training to get you up to speed?

Or did you just scam your way into a job you've got no skills to perform and now you're here to play "catchup" ?

Just so that we're all clear on who's doing the work and who's getting the paycheck for that work.

What kind of chip? Are you talking about microcontrollers? I use PIC microcontrollers, but there are a whole bunch of chip types and manufacturers and a whole bunch of C compilers. I would go to the manufacturer's web site and see if they list compilers that work with the chip you are interested in. For PIC microcontrollers, google searches of "PIC C compiler" and "PIC C book" gave a lot of good hits.

thanks man. we use pic18 serials. I get c complier which is picc and ide mplap from the company. I never have experience on embedded programming and chip things. so is there any hints or resourse could help me get start?

> for my new job
So does your new employer know this, and would presumably offer some training to get you up to speed?

Or did you just scam your way into a job you've got no skills to perform and now you're here to play "catchup" ?

Just so that we're all clear on who's doing the work and who's getting the paycheck for that work.

don't you think you are a really bitchy

hi
we did chip programming but not using C.We used Kiel software for chip Programming and to mold it according to our requirments.But in Kiel once you burn ur chip with your written program then you will not change the functionality of this burned chip.

hi
we did chip programming but not using C.We used Kiel software for chip Programming and to mold it according to our requirments.But in Kiel once you burn ur chip with your written program then you will not change the functionality of this burned chip.

your chip don't have EEPROM data memory?

your chip don't have EEPROM data memory?

The program is written to flash program memory and can be rewritten. EEPROM data memory is used for storing data.

thanks man. we use pic18 serials. I get c complier which is picc and ide mplap from the company. I never have experience on embedded programming and chip things. so is there any hints or resourse could help me get start?

Well, if you don't have any experience of working on embedded programming. You should start get some book on PIC controller and learn. Embedded programming is something different programming paradigm compared to normal programming. You are limited to so many and you got achieve your solution with those boundaries. I would personally think you need to buy so good book on PIC. Most probably the book would more concentrating on a single board. I mean the author would choose a board and he goes thought it through the book. One if you can get hold on the terminologies and techniques you should be fine in programming any other controller, provided you have the schematic and the Manuel for that board!! :)

ssharish

hmmmmmmmm
well we did programming bt nt up to this level we had just a course of microprocessor, there we got some idea and we stores data either at ports or on pins of microprocessor just as programming concept

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.