How to connect dynamic IP in ODBC Driver using Visual Basic 6.0

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

How to connect ODBC Driver with MySQL using dynamic IP internet connection in Visual Basic 6.0 application? I am getting error while connecting using [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] in Vb 6.0 application. I find that using static IP internet connection the application is working successfully but using dynamic IP internet connection occurs
error Description:-"[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server 10060"
and Error No:- "-2147467259". Actually we are using internet connection by "Tata Indicom internet service provider" and this is static IP internet connection and other connection is by "BSNL internet service provider" and this is dynamic IP internet connection.
Please help me as soon as possible.

why you need to connect dynamically to any IP ?

why you need to connect dynamically to any IP ?

Sorry you couldn't get my question. Actually my internet service provider giving us dynamic IP and we couldn't connect to MySQL server using that connection. But using another connection application is working properly.

try to use system anme instead of IP address for the connection.

Set con_server = New ADODB.Connection
con_server.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};" _
           & "SERVER=servername;" _
           & "DATABASE=databasename;" _
           & "UID=userid;" _
           & "PWD=password;" _
           & "OPTION=3"
con_server.Open

this code is working with "tata indicom internet connection provider" but while i using "bsnl internete connection provider "gives me error.
plese help me it is very urgent.

This is system name.... not system anme... U can use system name(server name) instead of IP address.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.