Hi, i need some help. i have an assignment on "Airline Ticket Reservations System". i have to submit it on 10th August, 2008. I tried but can't solve it. please help me.

The question is given below :

1. Consider a new airline agency “BEST AIR” that launches recently in Bangladesh. They hire you as a Programmer to design their “Airline Ticket Reservations System”. They fly an Airbus that operates from Dhaka to Chittagong regularly. Total seat capacity in this plane is Hundred (100). First Twenty (20) seats are reserved for business class and the rest is for Economy class. You have to write a program that will give the following output:

Welcome to Best Air Ticket Reservation System
Type 1 for Ticket Reservation
Type 2 for Seat Cancellation
a) If he presses 1 then make the following output:

Type 1 for Business Class
Type 2 for Economic Class

If a user is interested to fly in Business class he will type 1 and for Economic class type 2.

If you do not have a capacity for business class (all 20 seats are occupied) your program will ask him with the following output in screen:

All Business Class seats are filled. Please type 2 for Economic class

If he types 2 and there are seats in Economic class put him in that class, if he is interested to fly only in Business class (by pressing 1) you should make the following output:

All Business Class seats are filled. Please try tomorrow flight.

If there is no seat in Economic Class your program will give option to put him in the business class by giving output

We have available seats in Business Class but you have to buy it with additional 1500 BDT. To Continue Press 1. If he does not press 1 give the following output:

All seats are filled. Please try tomorrow flight.

For all other successful seat reservations, issue the boarding pass by printing the seat number and the class (Business or Economic).

b) if he presses 2 then ask for his seat number and cancel his reservation. Make sure that this cancelled seat has been added to the available seats (either economic or business).

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What part(s) of the program don't you know how to write? Sorry, but waiting until the very last minute to get help is not good for your grades.

You need to post the code you have written and ask specific questions. We won't write the program for you.

Actually i can't understand how to cancel reservation

depends on how someone reserves a seat. To cancel, just undo the reserve. If you are using an array, just reset the array element back to its initial value, most likely 0.

People can not help you if you don't post any portion of the code that is not working, or whatever you have done so far. Posting your code will accomplish two vital tasks. It will let people know what current skill level you are at, and it will minimize misunderstanding and guessing work. Furthermore, that will show that you are serious about learning and not just copying and pasting from others.

commented: Solid. +20

Huge Program Due: August 10th.
Percent compete: 0%.
Strategy: wait til August 8th, then Teh Internets will save me.

LOL same shit, different day.

Hi, i need some help. i have an assignment on "Airline Ticket Reservations System". i have to submit it on 10th August, 2008. I tried but can't solve it. please help me.

The question is given below :

1. Consider a new airline agency “BEST AIR” that launches recently in Bangladesh. They hire you as a Programmer to design their “Airline Ticket Reservations System”. They fly an Airbus that operates from Dhaka to Chittagong regularly. Total seat capacity in this plane is Hundred (100). First Twenty (20) seats are reserved for business class and the rest is for Economy class. You have to write a program that will give the following output:

Welcome to Best Air Ticket Reservation System
Type 1 for Ticket Reservation
Type 2 for Seat Cancellation
a) If he presses 1 then make the following output:

Type 1 for Business Class
Type 2 for Economic Class

If a user is interested to fly in Business class he will type 1 and for Economic class type 2.

If you do not have a capacity for business class (all 20 seats are occupied) your program will ask him with the following output in screen:

All Business Class seats are filled. Please type 2 for Economic class

If he types 2 and there are seats in Economic class put him in that class, if he is interested to fly only in Business class (by pressing 1) you should make the following output:

All Business Class seats are filled. Please try tomorrow flight.

If there is no seat in Economic Class your program will give option to put him in the business class by giving output

We have available seats in Business Class but you have to buy it with additional 1500 BDT. To Continue Press 1. If he does not press 1 give the following output:

All seats are filled. Please try tomorrow flight.

For all other successful seat reservations, issue the boarding pass by printing the seat number and the class (Business or Economic).

b) if he presses 2 then ask for his seat number and cancel his reservation. Make sure that this cancelled seat has been added to the available seats (either economic or business).

How do you store the information? (I mean in the memory, in a text file, database?) Different solutions for different approaches... And also, you should post some code, so we can help you without additional questions.

^ let it go, dude

^ let it go, dude

Right... If he/she cannot even describe what the problem is...;)

the main point of contention here, is that they have provided zero evidence they have even *attempted* to work on their problem on their own.

this is the signature pattern of a many typical posters here: they cut and paste their homework assignment in the hope that someone will do it for them.

hi can you hepl me about my assignment its about turbo c problem........

can you give me a turbo c codes that will show the unbook and booked of 25 seats,,,,

hi can you hepl me about my assignment its about turbo c problem........

can you give me a turbo c codes that will show the unbook and booked of 25 seats,,,,

No we cannot give you the code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.