three questions that i need to ask.
1) i developed connection between database and Forms of c#. entries are successful.i databse i have two columns, "Date/time" and "Cash". the format of date is like "1/11/2000". Suppose i have record of 1 year. what query should i use if i complete record of 1 month say deember.
2) when i move from Form1 to Form2,and i need Form1 to be closed, what should i do. i made an object of Form1 obj and did this, "obj.Close();" and "obj.Hide();" but of no use. On doing "obj.Close();",the while application stops.i just need Form1 to be closed. What shold i do?
3) After developing a project, how to make its .exe file.

i'll be very grateful for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what query should i use if i complete record of 1 month say deember.

Use BETWEEN Clause in Query

After developing a project, how to make its .exe file.

Exe file automatically created when you compile the solution according to debug version or release version.

when i move from Form1 to Form2,and i need Form1 to be closed, what should i do. i made an object of Form1 obj and did this, "obj.Close();" and "obj.Hide();" but of no use. On doing "obj.Close();",the while application stops.i just need Form1 to be closed. What shold i do?

Form1 class resides in which class is important ... also for Form2. If u create object for Form2 in form1 then Hide () can be used instead of Close().

first, m xtremly Thnkful that u replied.then...

1) can u plz gv me the details of "BETWEEN" clause coz i hv no idea of how to use it.

2) i did the same thing,i actually created the oibject of form 2 in form 1,called form2 and used Hide() wiz the objest of form1,but it didnt work.Close() closes the whole application

3) i want the installer, precisely speaking.so that i dont have to start te application from C# tool.as the games start. how can i get that...

again,thnx for replyng...

Between is used in WHERE Clause for a range

SELECT Fields FROM Table WHERE
ConditionalField BETWEEN #StartDate# AND #EndDate#

I give example for BETWEEN/AND for ACCESS SQL

SELECT Last_Name, First_Name
FROM AllUser
WHERE
Creation_Date BETWEEN #20/2/08# AND #20/3/08#

For 2nd Question
Draw a button1 in Form1
Add click handler
and Try the Followng

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Form2 frm2 = new Form2();
        frm2.Show();
        frm2.FormClosing += new FormClosingEventHandler(frm2_FormClosing);   
        this.Hide();
    }

void frm2_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
    {
        this.Show();
    }

For 3 rd Question
No Idea ..

for FormClosingEventHandler, is there a special .dll file coz it gvs error athat r u missin any dll file?

My above code uses Dot Net Framework 2.0. You may be earlier version.

Add just handler for FormClosing Event Handler.. Or Other Event which is occuring when form is Closing.

Thnx man

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.