is it possible to use the Dev-C++ compiler with Netbeans? if so how, i can't find anything that explains it.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You do, for one, first realise dev-cpp isn't a compiler?

yes the i mean the built in mingw compiler perhaps i should have written Dev-C++'s compiler, but i thought my meaning would be clear

yes the i mean the built in mingw compiler perhaps i should have written Dev-C++'s compiler, but i thought my meaning would be clear

Yes, download and install NetBeans, then download and install mingw, then download and install the Netbeans C/C++ Development Pack (or you can pick a NetBeans that has the C++ pack in there already. Chances are that C++ programs won't compile off the bat, so you'll have to go into NetBeans' C/C++ options page and point NetBeans to where the mingw base directory is and possibly where mingw's gcc, g++, gdb, and make executables are within your mingw directory. It may be able to find them itself once you specify the mingw directory. Here's a link:

http://www.netbeans.org/community/magazine/html/03/c++/

commented: thanks, worked like a charm +1
commented: Totally approved! +3

thanks that worked

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.