hi all,
i am working on a windows application. In that i have to open a saved text file using a open dialog box and load it into the word document..i am not able to load a text file to word document. what can i do for this?

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How are you trying to insert it?

How are you trying to insert it?

in windows form i have to just a open a saved text file and that contents have to be tranferred to word document and then it is available for print.

no, I mean how are you trying to insert it into word? ole? cut and paste? sending keys?

hi all,
i am working on a windows application. In that i have to open a saved text file using a open dialog box and load it into the word document..i am not able to load a text file to word document. what can i do for this?

Thanks in advance

That sounds like something I had to do for an assignment at University. I had to make an application that allowed the user to create a new document, save, open and close etc.

You may want to look into using the FileStream class

FileStream fs = new FileStream();
fs.DoSomethingHere

I cant remember exactly what the coding is for it ... but hopefully you get the idea ... if its even what you are looking for!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.