Hi,
recently I decided to download py2exe, but for some reason it's not working. I downloaded the all purpose version, and am sure that the scripts I am using are fine. I keep on getting an import error saying that there's no module named py2exe_util. Maybe I didn't install it properly, or maybe I am doing something else wrong.

Could someone please write me a clear guide on how to install py2exe or if there's a way I can fix this problem.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

IF you work on vista, right click the installer (py2exe) and run as admin. That will install fine. You can use Gui tools for py2exe. Just google for Gui2exe, Gpy2exe (This worked for me), pyinstaller and pybuilder.

Tell me how you progress
Steve

Hi,
recently I decided to download py2exe, but for some reason it's not working. I downloaded the all purpose version, and am sure that the scripts I am using are fine. I keep on getting an import error saying that there's no module named py2exe_util. Maybe I didn't install it properly, or maybe I am doing something else wrong.

Could someone please write me a clear guide on how to install py2exe or if there's a way I can fix this problem.

Thank you

hi i know this is not the right folder but your the last post i am in great need of help with bluej and java

IF you work on vista, right click the installer (py2exe) and run as admin. That will install fine. You can use Gui tools for py2exe. Just google for Gui2exe, Gpy2exe (This worked for me), pyinstaller and pybuilder.

Tell me how you progress
Steve

Is there an installer that comes with the zip download? Does that automatically create and move all the necessary files to where they need to be?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.