Member Avatar for DigitalPackrat

I am currently working on a project for a school project along with my friend. We, want a simple source control system, as we are working in a collaborative mode.
I know this is not absolutely necessary, but, we still want to learn about source control and what better way than learning while doing.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

We, want a simple source control system, as we are working in a collaborative mode.

You might do well with e.g. Subversion or CVS.

Subversion or CVS and others are highly specialized. What we want is something primitive. I am looking at codeville now.

Zip is about as primitive as it gets.

Agree -- that's what I used about 15 years ago. Zipped everything up and copied to floppy diskette. The problem is that zip files sometimes get corrupt and I lost everything. So I started just copying the files unzipped to diskette.

I don't want "primitive" primitive, I just want to learn about source control which will be simple and good enough for my project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.