Hi friends i want a help from u friends my application is using ms access forms as front end and we are using vb for coding i have a form consists of a combo box and a button named export,when we select an item from combo box and click on export button all the data in different tables related to the selected item in combo box should go to another database and add to the respected tables i am supposed to write a stored procedure for this, pls any one help me in writing stored procedure ,
Is it possible to export the records from one database to another database

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

yes it possible. you only have two open the two database at the same time then use a select statement that will retrieve all the records that's related to the one you have selected then use clone property.

yes it possible. you only have two open the two database at the same time then use a select statement that will retrieve all the records that's related to the one you have selected then use clone property.

thank u for response "jireh" i am supposed to do it by using stored procedures can any one help in this aspect

can you please post here your code and your SP?

hi jireh thank you for responding ,My application is having around 50 tables and the stored procedure is of 4 to 5 pages, i think it is not possible for me to post the entire things here, but i will give you the details about the code and stored procedure,To write the stored procedure i have used temperory tables cursors and identities ,First created temperory tables and then inserted data into temperory tables using cursors and identity, if u have any stored procedure for this kind of issue send to me thank u

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.