If anyone has an idea for a program written in Java please reply. This is about my degree in cs so I would like to hear many ideas.
I've seen many projects and haven't find something :-/
Thanks in advance Alex...

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Have you used the search feature here? There are a ton of threads just like this begging for a project idea.

Write a program to do something you find interesting. We don't know a thing about your interests or skill set, so how do you figure we're going to pick a project for you? What areas of CS interest you? If you don't know, then why are you in CS in the first place?

If you refuse to take any initiative to think for yourself in CS, you're user name is going to be sadly apt for a long time.

You more then welcomed to browse and search forum section for variety of project topics that have been suggested over period of years since this forum started

PS: I strongly believe that Ezzaral on purpose post in same thread and same time as me... Dammit, again beaten by submission time

I'm a big fan of game programming. Have you looked into designing a logic game? Such as Soduku, Chess, Knight's Tour is great although a bit simple. Like others said, it all depends on how far you're planning to go with this hehe

Have you used the search feature here? There are a ton of threads just like this begging for a project idea.

Write a program to do something you find interesting. We don't know a thing about your interests or skill set, so how do you figure we're going to pick a project for you? What areas of CS interest you? If you don't know, then why are you in CS in the first place?

If you refuse to take any initiative to think for yourself in CS, you're user name is going to be sadly apt for a long time.

Chil i just requested some info or ideas if you have any, so tha means you can think and calculate logical stuff.. etc. so if you can't think you shoudn't be posting at the first place

I'm the Java sections which propably means i would like to hear about ideas or projects that may be implemented in Java...I'm just looking for somthing medium skill and propably not in the networks section somethin up to date, i would like to use java applets and learn about them more but i don't have any other interest than that about a specific section. Thank you for your interest.

I'm a big fan of game programming. Have you looked into designing a logic game? Such as Soduku, Chess, Knight's Tour is great although a bit simple. Like others said, it all depends on how far you're planning to go with this hehe

I'm thinking about the section of gaming programming although I don't have any exprience, if I don't find anything more interesting and closer to a computer system - program I'll be propably implement a game. thanx

Chil i just requested some info or ideas if you have any, so tha means you can think and calculate logical stuff.. etc. so if you can't think you shoudn't be posting at the first place

I'm the Java sections which propably means i would like to hear about ideas or projects that may be implemented in Java...I'm just looking for somthing medium skill and propably not in the networks section somethin up to date, i would like to use java applets and learn about them more but i don't have any other interest than that about a specific section. Thank you for your interest.

I don't think you actually understood a thing I said.

If anyone shouldn't be posting it is you. Ezzaral is probably the most helpful person in the Java section and he knows more, or can at least think through problems better than you ever will. He told you to search the forums because we get a request like this about once a week, on average. You also need to learn to stop acting like a lazy punk because that is how you come across.

I don't think you actually understood a thing I said.

I don't think you 're helpin at all

Your own arrogance is making difficult to deal with this.

1. As previously stated you should search forum for suggestions as many made and discussed, we are not "IDEA FACTORY" to come up with something for every lazy student
  2. Ezzaral, suggested you do something you have interest in and asked you what it would be! What you did you just fired up against him without thinking.
  3. This forum has a one important rule "We only give homework help to those who show effort", follow it or get nothing from us. We happy to discuss any of the ideas and provide many suggestions, however it is up to you to take it forward

And for ideas try this

• For my BSc degree I did Java application to deal with TIFF and PDF documents. Splitting or combining selected documents, page pagination and page watermarking, page count and page size count(A4, A3 etc.), pdf e-bible (variety of PDF documents link up with index file, operator has to do links from index to each document but return links can be automated) and lastly converting from TIFF to PDF or vice versa.
  • For my MSc I'm nearly done with Text-to-Speech on mobile devices for blind and visually impaired people using Java Microedition
  • Project by my friend: GUI (graphic user interface) for MySQL database maintenance done with JSP+JSF+JSTL (something along the line of phpMyAdmin, but Java based)
  • Another friend: made booking reservation system with xForms, new technology not fully used and supported

So what would be your call?

commented: Very helpful to someone not willing to help himself +3
commented: more help than I would have given him +8

so if you can't think you shoudn't be posting at the first place

If you COULD think, this thread wouldn't exist. part of choosing your own project is to show your professors whether or not you are capable to come up with an idea, preferably original, in which you can show your qualities and that covers what you have seen during your education. By coming here and asking for projects, you're allready partially 'cheating' even though you won't loose points for it, you might get points awarded you didn't deserve.

actually, yes ... yes he is. this mentality of letting-others-do-the-thinking will get you into serious problems eventually, if not during this project, maybe on the job, where, guess what, you will be required to think now and then.
Ezzaral pointed out to you that there are already tons of ideas posted here, and still you 're to lazy to go and check it out.
secondly, he didn't want to give a custom-made topic, because unlike you (would be my guess) he actually has experience with lots of different projects. if you have to work on a project you're not interested in, you won't be motivated and you'll increase the possibility of you failing tremendously

Ok so you guys all think I'm to lazy to search your website threads or that I don't know nothing about what I wan't to design and implement , but the truth is I really haven't find anything very very interesting to study and develop . The reason I posted this is because after 2 days of serching google , searching the references and proposals of my uni and considering opinions of my professors I still haven't found a subject!

And there's a very good reason why you all smart and good ppl shoudn't post reply nothing here if you don't want to help me. I'm not lazy, I'm in a labyrinth and looking for tips and hints. I believe all people that think i shoud search in an other place made clear their opinion and if they don't like the way I manage this post , or the way I'm searching a project subject should stop posting. Getting on to other opinions and ideas is not cheating, i'm trying to be consiliatory like all ppl should and respect other's ppl difficulties or problems.
Anyway I thank all ppl wasting time here in this post and wish somehow this misapprehension.
Still thoughtless I would like other ppl to post their opinions and ideas about it , because this post might help other undergraduate students or other stucked ppl. So if you want me to stop this post you have to somehow contact the admin and make a complaint or somthing like that!

commented: ppl isn't a word. Just wanted to let you know. -2

Well I will considerate my previous post as waste of my precious time as you did not even commented on suggested topic and rather went on your personal rant about us not helping you.
Good luck with your search.

PS: It will not help other undergraduates as they will simple create new post to just get "original" for their own project. I think I'm entitled to this statement after 4 years with the community...

commented: Yes, may as well save your breath here. The poster just doesn't get it. +12

Obviously, this thread is a unique and special gem... just glance down to the bottom at the "Similar Threads" list if you have any doubt.
:yawn:

The reason I posted this is because after 2 days of serching google , searching the references and proposals of my uni and considering opinions of my professors I still haven't found a subject!

are you looking for something you think is interesting through Google??? what do you insert as a search query?? 'my interests'??? never knew Google was a mind-reader.
what we mean is: if you like music: develop a mp3 player in which you use the techniques you 've seen, and implement functionalities that are not found in for instance Winamp.
if you like board games: write 'Risk' in Java, trust me on this one, it can be done, even very graphical.
you want us to give you a project you'd like to work on, but you say (as already said in this thread) nothing about WHAT KIND of project you would like to work on. every time we give you a hint about how you might want to think to find a project that suits you, you start badmouthing us, saying we don't care, we are ignorant, we don't read your posts and all we want to do is make fun of you and sure as hell not help you.
we have been quite helpfull, you're just to blind to see it.

ok so if i mark this as solved , will this be enough for you to stop?

> ok so if i mark this as solved , will this be enough for you to stop?

If you feel you have got your answer, please do so.

One of the tricks I normally suggest to people looking for project ideas is to head over to some open source project repository [sourceforge, freshmeat] and browse projects of any alternative language you would be interested in learning or have worked with in the past. Porting projects is more fun that you can imagine and you end up with having a copy of the source code just in case you are stuck with the implementation.

Another trick would be to observe the things around you which you use on a daily basis. Ever used Eclipses' code formatting, how about creating one for Java. Don't like your download manager, how about creating your own customized one?

I am pretty sure that with these you might never need to ask anyone about project ideas anymore.

On a final note, please remember that when you post a thread, the people replying to it invest their valuable time when trying to help you out. Your replies might just make the difference in having a healthy debate and a flame war.

I really want to thank you all for spending time and especially you for wasting time in a good way . Though I'll keep the post open because i have got time to choose and i think that time will improbe this debate to. tc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.