When using visual c++ does code that would work in other programs work as well?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

maybe yes, and maybe no. Depends on the code and what compiler it was written with. If written with Turbo C then probably won't work with VC++.

well i'm learning from a book and the author likes dev c++ but it won't work on my computer... I think a better way for me ask the question is: Will code that runs in dev c++ work on visual c++? if not is there I can make it work?

more than likely yes, but I'd have to see the code for a difinitive answer. What os are you using because Dev-C++ has worked for me on every recent version including Vista.

What is os?

os= operating system?

I think I have vista home basic

In Dev-C++ IDE, go to menu Tools --> Compiler Options. then in each of the tabs make sure that it shows the full path to evrything. Such as Binaries: c:\dev-cpp\bin. There are some instructions on bloodshed.net's forums that says Dev-C++ has some problems on Vista and that's the way to fix them. Worked for me :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.