I need desperately help with this homework assignment. And I'm starting from the beginning. It's a problem that makes us write a counting loop program, and I believe you use while and if else in this program. Here is the problem and the given outputs. I got started on it, but then my teacher lost me with declaring the variables for this problem (which is pretty much the beginning). Thank you to all who help even just a little or just getting me started!

Create a C++ program that processes a data file created from cash registers at the local lemonade stand. The lemonade stand sells three sizes of lemonade: small, medium, and large. The small drink has an item number of 1 and sells for $0.50, the medium drink an item number of 2 and sells for $1.00, and the large drink an item number of 3 and sells for $1.50. Children under 10 get a 10% discount. The data file that gets created by the cash register at the end of the day tells how many total glasses of lemonade were sold followed by a list of 1's, 2's, and 3's with A or C after each number to indicate a child or adult sale.

Sample Data File
5 2 A 1 C 3 C 1 A 2 C
This indicates that 5 glasses were sold, 2 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.

Sample Output
5 Glasses Sold - 2 small, 2 medium, and 1 large
Small - 1 child, 1 adult for a total of $0.95
Medium - 0 child, 2 adult for a total of $2.00
Large - 1 child, 0 adult for a total of $1.35
Total receipts from children $1.80
Total receipts from adults $2.50
Total receipts $4.30

Program Requirements
The program must pause after outputting the receipt.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to make and effort, work on this and post some code before we can help you out.

If you aren't even familiar with variable declarations, I don't understand why your teacher is making you do file I/O, and something which is not a basic loop.

Here is a basic tutorial to help you get started.

This input file makes no sense based on what you described.

I see the "5" at the beginning, then "2 A" - for 2 Adults? - then "1 C" - for 1 Child? - then "3 C" - for 3 Children? - we're already over five total. Nowhere do I see any indication of small, medium, or large. You must be leaving something out.

I need desperately help
The data file that gets created by the cash register at the end of the day tells how many total glasses of lemonade were sold followed by a list of 1's, 2's, and 3's with A or C after each number to indicate a child or adult sale.

Sample Data File
5 2 A 1 C 3 C 1 A 2 C
This indicates that 5 glasses were sold, 2 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.