HI
my project involves making an index structure for a corporate or intranet. hence i need to store the urls in one file and then one by one count the frequency of a pre-specified word in each of these urls. i haev already made a package containing classes to count the frequency of given word. but i have never worked with urls in java or any other language before.
Kindly help regarding the java classes and slight algorithm like should i make another package for url extraction and storage from one url and what kind of data structures to use.
thanx for yr time

Sounds like you need a web crawler. There are probably a lot out there that fit your needs. I'd look into one of those to find the URLs you need to count keywords in. You should look into the java.net.URL class. There's a toString method you can use to get it into a String and then you your frequency counter on those.

HTH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.