Member Avatar for tefismp

Someone out there please help me i must do a function for a bucket sort but i dont know how and the only things i must use are normal arrays and pointers no strange functions and libraries i need the code in c++ please i know what the program does but i dont know how to do it

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Someone out there please help me i must do a function for a bucket sort but i dont know how and the only things i must use are normal arrays and pointers no strange functions and libraries i need the code in c++ please i know what the program does but i dont know how to do it

Need a bit more to go on...what are you trying to accomplish?

Here is a tutorial on bucket or bin sort. Link

Each array of yours will be a bucket. You can create as many arrays as the buckets you'll need. Then sort each array (bucket). And finally merge all the sorted arrays (buckets). Its pretty simple. The main thing is figuring out how you want to separate your elements out into buckets.

First of all do u know what a bucket sort is? :D

First of all do u know what a bucket sort is? :D

I'll agree with this, you should do some research as to what a bucket search is.

Also how will you be implementing it? Will it be a recoursive bucket sort and thats it. Or will it be a bucket sort followed by another sorting algorithm such as a quick sort.

I'm guessing it will be a solo bucket sort, wikipedia has some good information on how to implement a bucket sort.

Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.