hi,

i've downloaded the SkyBound VisualStyle dll and have included it in my custom tabcontrol. the purpose is to enable the control to retain the default windows style even after i set the DrawMode to OwnerDrawFixed.

problem is after i added it into the control and set the SetVisualStyleEnhanced property to yes, my previous OnDrawItem still fires, but it seems to be overwritten by the SkyBound VisualStyle. anyway i can prevent this from happening? my main goal is to allow the SkyBound VisualStyle to first redraw the control in the default windows style, then only fire OnDrawItem to draw item on it.

some segments of the codes i used:

public TestTabControl()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            a = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
            //set to ownerdrawfixed
            this.DrawMode = TabDrawMode.OwnerDrawFixed;
            //set style to default windows style
            visualStyleFilter1.SetVisualStyleEnhanced(this, Skybound.VisualStyles.VisualStyleEnhanced.Yes);
        }
protected override void OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
{
...do stuff here...
}

any idea how i can do that?

well, for those facing this same problem, i've found out that using SkyBound's freestyle fixes this problem, it allows you draw on top of the default theme draw using OnDrawItem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.