I am fairly new to Python, so writing code in it is complicated right now. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a code to send a process started on a workstation to a multiprocessor supercomputer where the job could be finished while still allowing the workstation to be used. I am working with a 3-D rendering program called Blender and a 192 processor computer that I would like to be able to send drawings and animations to be rendered by the supercomputer instead of my mac workstation. Any help would be great. If anyone has this type of code that I could modify for my purposes that would be perfect.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

An easy way of communication is the pyro module. pyro stands for Python Remote Objects, it allows a process to register a python object in a name server and other processes to obtain proxies for the object. They can remotely call methods on the object, which is a very simple way to transmit data. I suggest that you try to run this example http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/8-example.html with the server program running on your supercomputer and the client program on your mac.

An easy way of communication is the pyro module. pyro stands for Python Remote Objects, it allows a process to register a python object in a name server and other processes to obtain proxies for the object. They can remotely call methods on the object, which is a very simple way to transmit data. I suggest that you try to run this example http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/8-example.html with the server program running on your supercomputer and the client program on your mac.

Do you know if this would enable me to send processes to the supercomputer to be completed and then returned to the mac once completed? I am trying to get a program called Blender to render animations without slowing or freezing my mac workstation. The supercomputer has Blender installed as well as Python.

If you read the information on the website provided you will see that pyro will do exactly what you're looking for.

If you read the information on the website provided you will see that pyro will do exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you. My response was a bit hasty, but I have read and pyro is what I am looking for. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.