Hi, I am developing an application about tracing for preschoolers.

Currently, I am developing a application and is using touch screen that does tracing. Currently, I am using mouseListener because if I am not wrong, touch screen basically equals mouse clicks. So now my application can does drawing. Next, I need to display a letter say "A", how can I validate it? E.g when user trace A, if position is right, tracing display, else tracing will not appear. My 2 cents was using colour recgonition. E.g, system display "A" in grey, when user click the "A" part which is grey in colour, ink become black and paint over the areas being traced. I have no idea how to start searching because I think I am being rather unclear. Hope somebody could understand me and give me some opinions as of how could I do it if what I think is not feasible or some resource for me to research on. If don't understand, feel free to post and I will try my best to explain again.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you building this application with standard Java SE or you using Java ME? From problem description it sound more like you using JSE.
As far as I'm aware touch screen control is available only under Java Microedition through Canvas class methods pointerPressed(int, int), pointerReleased(int,int) and pointerDragged(int, int) including methods for pointers functionality detection

Are you building this application with standard Java SE or you using Java ME? From problem description it sound more like you using JSE.
As far as I'm aware touch screen control is available only under Java Microedition through Canvas class methods pointerPressed(int, int), pointerReleased(int,int) and pointerDragged(int, int) including methods for pointers functionality detection

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am using JSE. Correct me if I am wrong, I did a search through google, the idea that I got was that touch screen basically equals to mouse movements hence say you touch the "start" button is equals to you click the "start" button using mouse. If that is the case, I think using JSE is possible using mousePressed, mouseReleased, mouseDragged methods.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.