hi
i have to ceate an applciation which can tranfer files from one pc to another on the network. I want to transfer files using FTP. can anyone tell me about an open source FTP client and FTP server which i can embed in my applciation easily and use the FTP functionality(both client and server).

thnx in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why not just create your own implementation of FTP by using Sockets and sending a collection of bytes from one application to another then have the receiving application write those bytes to a File (or FileDescriptor object if that is possible).

Edit: Here's an Open-Source API that seems promising - Linkage

FTP i guess is more reliable as compared to sockets. plus i have to transfer large setup files 1.5 or 2 g b i guess in this case FTP would be better...

Well heres one I had come across a while ago : JeFTPd (Java Embeddable FTP Server).
I think it appears to be what you are looking for, but it is still in experimental stage.

Well heres one I had come across a while ago : JeFTPd (Java Embeddable FTP Server).
I think it appears to be what you are looking for, but it is still in experimental stage.

truely speaking im not satisfied with link above

hi
i have to ceate an applciation which can tranfer files from one pc to another on the network. I want to transfer files using FTP. can anyone tell me about an open source FTP client and FTP server which i can embed in my applciation easily and use the FTP functionality(both client and server).

thnx in advance..

Here is a the source code of a java server using http and rpc protocol. I hope this code will help you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.