hi,
I get a crash as
"Unhandled exception at 0x5f4335bb (MFC42D.DLL) in VMFirewall.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000."
in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\appmodul.cpp in _tWinMain() funtion at call of AfxWinMain(hInstance, hPrevInstance, lpCmdLine, nCmdShow);
This crash is in both debug and release....i have tried ignore of mfc42D.lib and mfcs42d.lib....but still m getting same problem,,,plz help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are hundreds of reasons you get that problem, so its impossible for us to give you much more info without seeing the code. Try commenting out large portions of the program until the crash no longer happens, that way you can narrow down your search for the problem. Look for buffer overruns and uninitialized variables, especially pointers.

well i get this crash before start of my application i.e before entering InitInstance(),,,,so i guess its not a problem of buffer over run or un-initialized variables or pointers,,,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.