Hi all,

I have a small app in .net 2008, running (in systray), in many computers in my company, that has to alert the user a few times during the day's work, and sometimes ask for their input.

The problem is, when, i open a form (show or showdialog), it doesn't popup, this because the user is working in other office app's, and the forms stays behind, and most of the times the users don't even pay attention.

Is there a way to put a form in popup, jumping in front of any app that may be open or maybe create a window info, like the one outlook does when alerting of an incoming mail?

Thanks for any help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Set TopMost property of your pop up form

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
  '
  Me.TopMost = True

End Sub

After the user has somehow "reacted" to your pop up, you may set TopMost = False to allow user send your form to background.

Set TopMost property of your pop up form

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
  '
  Me.TopMost = True

End Sub

After the user has somehow "reacted" to your pop up, you may set TopMost = False to allow user send your form to background.

Thanxs for your help.

that worked just fine

Hi! Nice to hear that you got answer to your problem, could you please mark the thread as solved. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.