Hi,

i am working on splitting .wav files with bitrate 13 kbps,mono,
sample rate 8 khz and audio format GSM 6.10.my code is like this

private void SplitFile(string FileInputPath, string FolderOutputPath, int OutputFiles)
        {

string inputFile = FileInputPath; // Substitute this with your Input File 
            FileStream fs = new FileStream(inputFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
            int numberOfFiles = Convert.ToInt32(OutputFiles);
            int sizeOfEachFile = (int)Math.Ceiling((double)fs.Length / numberOfFiles);

for (int i = 1; i <= numberOfFiles; i++)
            {
                string baseFileName = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(inputFile);
                string extension = Path.GetExtension(inputFile);
                FileStream outputFile = new FileStream(Path.GetDirectoryName(inputFile) + "\\" + baseFileName + "." + i.ToString().PadLeft(5, Convert.ToChar("0")) + "." + extension, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write);
                int bytesRead = 0;
                byte[] buffer = new byte[sizeOfEachFile];

if ((bytesRead = fs.Read(buffer, 0, sizeOfEachFile)) > 0)
                {
                    outputFile.Write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
                }
                outputFile.Close();
            }
            fs.Close();

using this code the second splitting file is not playing and giving error like Codec data corrupted error.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

probably because wav files have a header - to tell them the speed, etc

Actually the .wav file have some properties like Audio formate-gsm 6.10,Audio sample rate 8KHz ,channels 1 mono,Bit Rate 13 kbps. so using this we have to split
plz tel me the request i will post

exactly - do a google on wav file headers.

Hi LiZR,

Give me ur gmailid i will send u the audio file which i have to split and now i am searching abt file headers

sireesha

No, Im not giving anyone contact info - nor am I likely to be writing your code for you. I have my own coding to do.

Hi LizR,

Ok.Then give me the hint is the way i am trying to split wav file is correct or not.for some .wav files it is splitting correctly and playing two files and some files it is splittings but error in playing second file.And Give me any supporting links to do this task.

Thanks,
Sireesha

no. Im not your mother, i wont do it for you.
Look on google yourself

plz help to read and split wav file in c#

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.