VB 2005, XP Pro SP2

Again, I am plagued with this vague MS program of clr20r3 invalidoperationexception on a client's machine. It works fine from the development machine and from a brand new XP machine.

How do you determine what the problem is?????

What is strange is that the App Event viewer shows source NET Runtime 2.0 Error but when it was installed on a new XP the MSI install downloaded and installed DotNetFix3.5Setup.exe.

Last time I ran into this it was ADODB.DLL missing. That is now there so with the Net 2 error I guess it is realted to .NET but how to find oud what it really is????

HELP!!!

Any help would be great!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I found this thread from the MSDN forums. A few had the error solved and if I got it right, the problem arises from mixing different .NET versions, like 2.0 and 3.5. Hope you get some help from this.

The program was actually converted from VB6 to .NET 2005. It is a very large program (15 forms, 20 modules) and uses features like control arrays, etc.

The client found a workaround by installing one of our VB6 products. The VB6 install probably moved the needed dll or ocx into system32 and thus the .net program can start.

The problem is that there is just no way to know what is missing. So what do we do???

Why does MS just put out a message like xxxx.dll is missing or something? Just crashing is not not acceptable but what can we do???

The VB6 features like control arrays are great and do work when using the built in convertor but it is not clear how to add new ones. The doc is horrible.

I can wait until we start using .net 2008 in a few months.

Why does MS just put out a message like xxxx.dll is missing or something? Just crashing is not not acceptable but what can we do???

I agree on that :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.